Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
In order to realise our mission, we need your help to design and build state-of-the-art large-scale machine learning systems and infrastructure to help scale our operations. This will be a broad role but will focus on infrastructure automation, cloud and container tools. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team developing cutting edge machine learning algorithms for autonomous vehicles.
- Work with our Machine Learning and Data Infrastructure teams to create data pipelines for machine learning systems running on our autonomous vehicles.
- Work with large (multi-terabyte), distributed sets of unstructured and structured data.
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high-volume datasets in a machine learning environment.
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle: including design, writing production code, conducting code reviews alongside our ML and Infrastructure engineers.
- Be equally comfortable developing innovative solutions to problems or building systems with incremental improvements.
- Build tools for automating data labelling, dataset verification, model training, continuous integration and deployment of machine learning models.
Depending on your interests and experience you may also:
- Evaluate, train and improve on state of the art neural networks.
- Develop algorithms for processing/analysing machine learning datasets (images, point clouds, radar).
- Optimise trained networks for deployment on our autonomous vehicle fleet.
- MSc in computer science or a related field with 3+ years experience.
- Expertise in infrastructure technologies, preferably from within a machine learning environment, with knowledge of the complexities this brings.
- Passionate about building machine learning infrastructure at scale.
- Strong software engineering skills: particularly in Python, and at least one other object object-oriented language (Java, C#, C++).
- Experience following good software development processes and working as part of an agile team.
- Good communication skills and a keen willingness to learn about autonomous vehicles and machine learning.
- Experienced using Linux-based systems.
- Experience with large-scale data processing and ETL pipelines (Airflow, Spark, Kubernetes).
- Experience with processing/analysing binary data at scale (images, video, point clouds)
- Exposure to containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes etc.) and cloud technologies (AWS)
We offer competitive benefits which include; company shares scheme, contributory pension and 25 days annual leave.